Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Giddy Up

My name is Fritz and this is my first attempt to writing anything in the last, err, I don't know, I can't even count anymore. I've been with Blogger since 2007 and I don't think I've blogged about anything remotely interesting since, well, let's call it "The Great Depression." Go to my old blog, you'll know what I mean. I'm a website copywriter, too; website owners pay me to write original copies for them. So, you can see how that's a problem for me.

No, it isn't writer's block. It isn't just writer's block, to tell you frankly. It's a slew of things; excuses, reasons, happenstances really. I was working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Until I downgraded to just 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. THEN I started missing deadlines and, as a result, I was not getting paid for work I wasn't doing. Rightfully so. I tried to get my groove back, but it was too late at that point. I got pregnant, which was nothing short of a miracle. But the whole experience, no matter how happy it made everyone, just made it hard for me to get any work done. Life, the good and the bad side of it, got in the way. I know that doesn't justify anything. But that's what happened.

I miss writing, that's another motivator right there. Lately, I've been feeding my brain with so much fiction, so much stories from other storytellers that I kind of forgot how to tell my own story, my own non-fiction. I'd like to change all that. I have no idea how, but this is a good place to start, I think. I'm bidding adieu to my old blog and starting a new one. A fresh start. A clean slate. Like a phoenix rising from the ashes. A bajillion tons of ashes.

Consider this as the first step to get back on the horse. A wee tiny horse, sure. Like a cob - those cute chubby Hobbit horses they used in the Peter Jackson movies. Ok, fine, a donkey (happy?). I just want to get out of this rut. I don't want to be idle anymore. I want to make my mark in this infinite cyberworld. I want to wake the sleeping dragon, revive the creativity and the eagerness I once had, and write. Write exceptionally well. LIVE exceptionally well. I would very much like for my daughter to look back one day and tell me, "You're a friggin' amazing writer, Mothergoose." Yes, those exact words.

No comments:

Post a Comment